In late 1929 the club had been approached with offers of advertising which was to be displayed throughout the stadium, this was swiftly rejected by the board. The board meeting recorded: ‘resolved not to allow advertising in Fir Park’. If it had been allowed the adverts would have been painted onto the cement wall around the track. Due to the success of the side at the time the club did not want nor need the money offered.
It wouldn’t be until the early 1970’s that advertising would first make an appearance in the ground, all clubs in Scotland succumbed to the idea and used the extra cash to fund things such as transfers, stadium upgrades and higher wages amongst others.
Advertising in handbooks and programmes.