W.H. Barrie served the club as secretary from 1898 to 1913. He was very influential in bringing the club through some difficult times, firstly when they became a limited company and also when the club gained promotion to the old first division in 1904.
Pictured is an illuminated address plague which the directors presented to him for his sterling service, before he emigrated to Australia. In the mid-1990s his grandson visited Fir Park and left a copy, the original of course being kept by Mr Barrie’s family in Australia.